You are a truck guy!
And like any vehicle, your mighty beast needs a battery to start.
But not just any battery. Trucks have a specific type of battery that is needed. And if you know your vehicle, then you know what type of battery you need.
Yes, that’s right:
The Group 65 battery.
And it’s not just for the trucks, most mid-size vehicles today use them. Whatever your vehicle, if you are looking for the best Group 65 battery, you have come to the right place.
Because I went out and found the 3 most amazing 65 batteries just for you.
1. Odyssey 65-PC1750T Automotive and LTV Battery
Buy on Amazon
Not many group 65 batteries can serve no matter what car you drive. Only the best group 65 car battery can do it. And the Odyssey PC1750T is one of the few.
Whether you drive the truck or a high-performance sports car, the 65 Odyssey can provide what it takes.
There are so many good things that it has to offer. For starters, the high cranking power. It cranks up to 950CCA. That’s enough power to light up any car, SUV, and even some massive trucks.
And the higher CCA rating is always a positive. Especially if you live in the colder states of the country, you can count on the Odyssey to make the engine roar no matter how cold it is outside.
Meanwhile, thanks to the 80% DoD rate, you can squeeze more juice out of it before you need to plug it in to recharge.
And when you do have to, it will not keep you waiting, unlike the other 65 forklift batteries, because it’s capable of fully recharging in just four short hours.
Why Odyssey 65-PC1750T is our top pick?
- Well, all these features are enough to convince anyone. However, I chose this device for other reasons. Yes, no doubt about it, it has some great features.
- It charges super fast, has an impressive DoD rate, and is even one of the highest CCA batteries in the group 65. But I love the fact; you save a lot of money when you buy the Odyssey.
- Since it’s an AGM battery, you do not have to maintain it like some other car batteries. The resealable venting system on it takes care of that – you do not have to refill the battery with fresh distilled water.
But that’s not all!
- The Odyssey has a lifespan of 3-10 years. Best of all, it comes with a 3, or 4 year limited replacement warranty. So you will not have to think about changing your car battery for the next ten years.
- Want to save yourself the trouble and save a few bucks? Get the Odyssey 65-PC1750T for the car.
2. NORTHSTAR Pure Lead Automotive Group 65 Battery NSB-AGM65
Buy on Amazon
You want the best group 65 battery that charges fast. If you are not satisfied with your current battery and want to replace it with a new one, choose Northstar.
It is one of the fastest charging car batteries in this category. And this thanks to its three levels of charging current.
The first thing that happens when you plug the battery in to charge is that it goes into constant current mode – the first stage of charging.
And it stays in that stage until it reaches the 0.25 volt mark. Once it does, the constant voltage phase kicks in to bring the voltage up to 14 volts.
This constant alternation of phases helps the battery to charge faster than usual. Also, you would admire the fact that it has a 50% DoD rate. So, you can use 50% of the charge before you unplug it to fill the juice in the battery.
Why is the NORTHSTAR Pure Lead Automotive Group 65 battery our top-pick?
- The main selling point for the Northstar is its reserve capacity. There’s no doubt about it; it provides excellent reserve.
- Imagine you are driving in the middle of nowhere and your battery’s charging system suddenly stops working. It’s a hot summer day. Or maybe it’s raining hard.
- Either way, your car’s AC or windshield wiper are useless because the charging system suddenly fails. Then you have to rely entirely on your car battery to get you through the tough times.
- And that’s what the Northstar does so brilliantly. It gives you more than an hour of backup. So, you can drive back safely and comfortably instead of getting stuck with a dead battery.
Plus, you’d love the fact that the batteries are made in the USA. So, you are helping the economy to grow when you buy this AGM cell.
3. ACDelco 65AGMHR Professional AGM Automotive BCI Group 65 Battery
Buy on Amazon
If you are looking for the best group 65 battery for off-roaders, ACDelco has what you need.
It is the ACDelco 65AGMHR professional. No doubt, it is the perfect choice for your off-roader.
Why is that? Simple. The AGM design is durable. You can drive your car on the roughest trails; the battery will stay the same. No leaking, no spilling. All the contents stay inside and work as they should so you can enjoy a great time with the car.
That’s not all!
Car batteries often tend to fail due to overheating. The water inside the cell evaporates and causes failure. However, with ACDelco AGM, you do not have to worry about this. This is because it reduces water loss with its oxygen recombination system. Therefore, no overheating of the car battery.
Why the ACDelco 65AGMHR is our first choice?
- Well, its rugged exterior, long extended life, these things are great. But for me, the ACDelco outperforms the other batteries in the 65 group for one reason only.
- It’s the deep-cycling gifts. The battery provides sustained power that you can count on, unlike your normal car batteries. They do not just offer a quick burst of energy and then fizzle out, no!
- The ACDelco battery grants a steady stream of energy to keep your car running for extended periods of time. And unlike standard batteries, it does not lose battery capacity as quickly.
- Most lead-acid batteries lose 20% of their capacity through constant discharging and charging.
However, this one has a better life cycle thanks to its deep-cycling quality.
So you do not have to suffer such loss
Best Group 65 Batteries
The Advantages of Buying the Group 65 Batteries
You may be thinking, why should you buy these best 65 group batteries? They are a bit more expensive compared to the regular batteries. So, why do you need them?
There is nothing wrong if you have such questions.
On the contrary, they are actually quite common. You may have some doubts about whether to convert the expensive AGM batteries.
So let me clear the doubts for you. First of all, it is safer to use them in all types of vehicles. Whether it is SUVs or trucks, the sturdy construction of AGM batteries does not allow any leakage.
Then there’s the fact that you do not have to worry as much about maintenance with these best 65 group batteries. Unlike your standard batteries, they do not need to be refilled with water every time it overheats. Instead, it retains the water itself to keep it running smoothly
And yet, if you are thinking, why would you buy one? Then let me say that these do not just provide a short burst of energy and then die down. Nope!
The AGM battery provides a steady stream of energy for longer hours, so you have a reliable power source to run all the electrical devices in your car. And if you need a short burst of energy for starting procedures, the AGM battery can give you that too, just like the regular batteries.
So, yes, these batteries may cost a bit more, but you can not ignore the fact that they offer more benefits than regular cells. That’s reason enough to spend a little more on the AGM.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the best group 65 battery?
There are a number of brands that offer the best group 65 battery. Brands like Odyssey, Northstar and ACDelco are at the top.
Who makes the best group 65 AGM car battery?
Odyssey, Northstar, ACDelco manufactures some of the group 65 AGM car batteries.
Who makes the best group 65 battery?
Northstar is a name that has been around for years. Along with that, Odyssey and a few other brands make some great Group 65 cells for the vehicles.
What is a Group 65 battery good for?
The group 65 battery fits most cars, trucks, and off-roaders today.
What is the best battery for trucks?
The Odyssey 65 group battery is the best battery for truck.
What is a size 65 group battery?
The group 65 battery is a battery size specifically defined by BCI.
Finding the best group 65 battery can be a daunting task. Especially with so many brands out there, it’s easy to be misled.
However, I have thought of making it easy for you, so I have picked out the best of the best here.
So just decide on one of them and your car will be more than fine. If you have to make up your own mind, the buying guide is always there to help you.
No matter what, you will find the right car battery for your car, that’s for sure